IV therapy involves the use of an intravenous (IV) line to supply your body with nutrients, medication, or other beneficial substances. This procedure is used in both inpatient and outpatient medical care.
ivee’s IV therapy treatments are available in-home. Our treatments are administered by an experienced Registered Nurse who has all of the training necessary to perform each treatment procedure safely and hygienically.
Some forms of IV therapy can only be administered in the context of inpatient care. These include the administration of anesthesia for surgery, the use of an IV to aid in visibility for X-rays and MRIs, and other medical procedures.
ivee’s treatments are tailor-made to meet specific nutritional and lifestyle needs. Their uses include providing relief for hangovers, boosting immunity, aiding in athletic recovery, and more.
IV therapy is a safe and well-researched medical procedure that has been used for decades. This type of medical treatment is always carefully overseen by professionals, who pay close attention to each aspect of the process, ensuring that the patient is as comfortable as possible.
How At-Home IV Therapy Works
When you order an at-home IV therapy treatment, you’ll start by booking an appointment at a time that works for you. Then, a Registered Nurse will come to your home at your scheduled time and administer your treatment.
The ease and convenience of at-home IV therapy make it an excellent option for anyone who isn’t feeling well and wants to avoid trips out of the house.
In addition, anyone dealing with symptoms caused by fatigue from a hard workout, a hangover, or the common cold can benefit from staying home, resting, and getting an IV treatment in the comfort of their living room.
What’s in an IV Bag?
At-home IV treatments can be tailor-made to fit your specific needs. However, the majority of IV bags used in at-home treatment contain a combination of several of the following ingredients:
- Saline solution. This ingredient is usually the base for an IV treatment, providing a helpful vehicle to hold and transport the rest of the beneficial ingredients you’re receiving intravenously.
In addition, saline is a powerful hydrating agent that can help you get relief from the symptoms of dehydration.
- B-Complex Vitamins. These vital nutrients all serve essential purposes in a healthy diet. Each of the B-complex vitamins is water-soluble, meaning your body can absorb them without the presence of dietary fats.
One notable B-complex vitamin that is often included in IV treatments is B12. Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient for cognitive health, and it’s often paired with other B-complex vitamins as part of an IV treatment.
- Electrolytes. Electrolytes are minerals that aid in numerous processes within your body, including maintaining hydration. Some of the most commonly found electrolytes in IV treatments are magnesium and potassium.
- Zinc. These valuable minerals serve several important purposes, while zinc supports a strong immune system. These minerals are found in many foods, but you can also receive them directly into your bloodstream via an IV line.
- Vitamin C. IV treatments designed to help boost your immune system are often formulated with vitamin C. This water-soluble nutrient is one of the most important vitamins involved in maintaining a strong immune system.
What Are the Uses for At-Home IV Treatments?
You might want to get an at-home IV treatment for a number of reasons. Below are some of the most common purposes served by ivee’s simple and convenient IV therapy.
- Post-workout recovery. ivee offers a unique blend of electrolytes and other vital nutrients specially formulated to help your muscles recover after a hard workout. If you’re a professional athlete or are currently competing for fun, IV treatments can help keep you in tip-top physical and mental shape.
- Hangover relief. Many of the symptoms of a hangover caused by drinking too much are linked with dehydration. The saline solution that serves as the basis for many IV treatments can be helpful if you’re struggling with a hangover.
In addition, other common IV treatment ingredients, especially electrolytes, can be beneficial in the wake of a night of excessive drinking. With ivee’s Hangover Relief formula, you can live it up in the evening and recover quickly in the morning.
- Boosting the immune system. An at-home IV treatment is a quick and easy means of getting immunity-promoting ingredients like vitamin C, zinc, and more directly into your bloodstream.
- Headache relief. Some of the ingredients that are commonly used in IV therapy can be helpful if you are dealing with certain forms of headaches, particularly those caused by hangovers.
“Hangover headaches” are typically the result of dehydration after a night of a few drinks too many. The saline solution and valuable nutrients in an IV treatment may help you find relief from this type of headache.
At-Home IV Treatment Lets You Skip the Waiting Room
There are plenty of uncomfortable and awkward aspects of visits to the doctor’s office – the waiting room is one of the worst.
Spending long periods waiting on medical treatments can be stressful and disheartening, and avoiding time spent in the waiting room is always welcome.
With at-home IV treatments, you get a far more personal and streamlined treatment experience – with zero waiting time!
If you are dealing with a medical emergency, the doctor’s office or hospital is always the right place to go.
While at-home IV therapy is convenient and helpful in many cases, there are some situations when it is best to visit a hospital or doctor’s office and get the treatment you need.
At-home IV treatments like the ones that ivee offers are intended to aid in your pursuit of a healthy lifestyle – they’re not meant to be substitutes for prescribed medication or other medical treatments.
If you are feeling severely sick, it’s always wise to visit your doctor or go to the emergency room – save the at-home IV treatments for non-emergency situations.
Overall, at-home IV therapy is more convenient, personal, and sustainable than its inpatient counterpart. While it’s still necessary to visit the hospital and doctor’s office in some situations, getting at-home IV treatments for the sake of your overall health is a great way to seek medical care in a more comfortable context.
To learn more about ivee’s convenient at-home IV treatments, make sure to visit our blog.
There, you’ll find a wealth of helpful information about how our treatments work and what to expect when you book your first one.